Sunday, August 17, 2008

Snakes and Ticks in Bed!

I love seeing Laura jump up in the middle of the night and stomp around in bed fully believing that the walls are covered with ticks or my favorite recent instance--that she was being attacked by snakes.  Laura actually jumped to her feet in bed and was stomping around as if she were crushing grapes!  I woke up (fairly quickly I'd like to think) and grabbed her legs as she complained that "they were going to get" her.  She did eventually wake up and I had a good chuckle--it's now one of my favorite memories of her.

School has been going pretty well for the most part.  We've had a lot of meetings which were seemingly scheduled in order to keep us out of our rooms.  Why? you may ask...well because the school is completely under construction still.  They say we'll have our Parents' Night tomorrow and that everything will be clean--I think it may actually happen and the only ones who will seem unprepared will be the teachers after not being able to work on our classrooms at all!

The beginning of school means that our wonderful summer is coming to an end.  I do look forward to the school year and seeing everyone again, but this summer has been wonderful.  Hopefully we'll continue to enjoy ourselves as fully as we have for the past few months!

3 comments:

Big Al said...

i am so glad that someone else has now had the pleasure of laura's tantrums in bed. she has done this her entire life......and i laugh everytime

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

That is pretty funny. I love knowing little things like that about people, not to tease them of course, just 'cause I don't seem as weird to myself. !!!

Pete Metzelaars said...

Isn't sleeping together before marriage a sin? I don't even know you anymore.

Side note: Remember when Homer had night terrors and thought cobras were attacking him? Hilarious.

http://siberkat.com/thewavs2/cobrash.wav