Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TallyHO! It's a Pumpkin Patchin' we GO!

But FIRST--here is the latest update in Laura's night terrors!

A few mornings ago I got up and I was getting out of bed when Laura suddenly snapped out of her slumber and warned--"Uh...you might not be able to get out that way."  Surprised and quite sure that I would be able to, I said "I know it's a tight squeeze, but I'll manage".  

What I didn't realize was that in an effort to protect us from the charging snakes, squirrels, and ticks while we were sleeping, Laura had ingeniously erected some defenses.  The cushion from the chair near the bed was now blocking off all possible entrance to my side of the bed!  

This is the trip we took to the Pumpkin patch on Sunday.  It was a cloudy and rainy fall day and we decided that it was the perfect day to get some pumpkins to carve up.  We got three, one to carve that day and 2 to carve at Burke's house on Friday.  'Twill be fun.







Here is Laura eating (but not thoroughly enjoying) the lentil soup that we made after pumpkin patching.  She is quite the food snob and said of my cooking "it is just too bland" (by the way I made curry for her tonight and I got the same complaint).  I think she's just got a cold.


1 comment:

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

Yeah for pumpkins and lentil soup! Perfect day. By the way, I think we have the same bed as you, nifty. Miss you both! Can't wait until June--- oh and no baby yet-- but plenty of swollen everything...