Thursday, November 27, 2008

Back in the LEW!(?)

Laura and I left school on Tuesday and drove straight on through to St. Louis.  We arrived no worse for wear at about 5:30 local time (in the A.M.).  On our journey we saw the beautiful starry night and listened to a book on CD (Ken Follett's sequel--something about time not ending was the title).

We now get to begin learning and sharing family traditions as our parents get to meet and we all enjoy Thanksgiving together.  So far this morning we ran in the Turkey Trot of Kirkwood--Laura won the race, I was 49th in my division (it is the toughest division after all).  I guess Laura has set a tough precedent for herself if she's looking to uphold the tradition.  Now we are making preparations as people begin to arrive.  We made some pies last night, the turkey is getting ready, the kitchen is immaculate, and a cornicopia of food is on the counter.  

In our Annual game of Pre-Turkey Backgammon, I am a little nervous (in a warm up game I was BAckgammoned last night), but I'm sure I can keep it close.

In other traditions and news, Guapa has vanquished all of the squirrels and bunnies from the yard and has also defeated the new and improved (taller) fences!  She chased one squirrel right out of the yard into a neighboring yard jumping through, and later over the new gate--damn!  

I guess I'll sign off with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!

2 comments:

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

We wish we could be with you! Happy Thanksgiving! Love you, Kate, Ben and little, tiny, baby Archie

Alex and Christy said...

Sounds like fun, hope you had a safe trip back to CO. Can't wait to cruise with you guys in 3 weeks. Make sure before you go, watch "Speed II: Cruise Control". It's excellent, 4 stars all the way!